Lithium battery is an increasingly widely used energy storage conversion device, ranging from a Bluetooth headset lithium battery to a RV lithium battery, How to extend lithium battery life? Users still have a lot of confusion but do not know what to do, this article will introduce You know how to properly use lithium batteries to extend the life of lithium batteries.
This article mainly extends the life of lithium batteries from three aspects: correct charging, correct discharging, and maintenance.
1. Correct charging method of lithium battery
Take the time to prevent overcharging. Do the right thing at the right time. Although, compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries themselves have excellent electrochemical performance. However, anything that deviates from the equilibrium state will have safety hazards. To elaborate,
- When charging when need charging. Under normal circumstances, when the battery is too low, there will be a reminder when the battery of the golf cart or RV has no electricity. At this time, you need to replenish the battery in time. Although the battery is too low, it will not lead to a direct safety accident, but excessive use will lead to over time. Damage to the battery structure.
- Do not overcharge. The inside of the lithium battery cell is also composed of many components. The new battery is fine. If it is used for a long time, the function of which component may decline, so there will be an overcharge safety risk. Generally, many dangerous accidents are caused by overcharging. The explosion of ternary batteries is far greater than that of lithium iron phosphate batteries. Why are phosphoric acid batteries safer than lithium iron phosphate batteries? This is closely related to the properties of the material itself, and details can be found in this article.
- Use a suitable charger. Do not charge batteries with inappropriate chargers, for example, some people will ask if it is possible to charge Li-Ion batteries with a lead-acid battery charger? The answer, of course, is not. Click here to know more details.
2. Correct dischargeing method of lithium batteries
Charge in time to prevent over-discharge. Ordinary battery users are not aware of the dangers of overdischarge, because there are usually no reports of safety incidents from overdischarge. Moreover, some even believe that regular deep discharge is good for the maintenance of battery performance. In fact, this is not the case, because the memory effect of lithium batteries can be ignored, and there is no such thing as a deep discharge to eliminate the memory effect. Theoretically speaking, the total cycle life of a lithium battery with deep discharge will be greater, but the risk is that over-discharge of the battery will cause the battery voltage to be too low, and it will not be able to charge normally.
3. Correct maintenance of lithium batteries
The temperature is suitable, anti-cold and hot. When idle, the lithium battery usually does not have a safety accident. The purpose of daily maintenance is to place the lithium battery in a suitable environment, thereby delaying the aging of the battery. The water side protects against moisture and the hot side protects against sun exposure. Therefore, the suitable environment for daily maintenance of lithium batteries should be four words: ventilation and coolness. These four words should be followed regardless of whether the lithium battery is idle independently or in an electrical appliance.
In the correct use of lithium batteries, the charging method of lithium batteries is the most important, because incorrect charging methods will cause safety problems, and discharge and daily maintenance only affect the service life of lithium batteries, and lithium batteries themselves are also a kind of Consumables, no matter what method we take, we can’t avoid its final wear and tear, but we use the correct method to delay its aging.
Related Article《How to charge lithium iron phosphate LiFePO4 battery?》